Friday, December 9, 2016

Thanksgiving, 4+Months, Love Boat Captain

I've been doing this for over 4 months now.

I started it because I wanted to make a statement, I like pushing my limits, and I like showing people that you can do whatever you put your mind to.

I realize it doesn't make sense to a lot of people (How does what your doing change anything, why are you punishing yourself, are you still doing that "thing"?), but I think those are the people who limit themselves with statements like, "Oh, I could never do that" or "I could never give up...".  Yes.  Yes, you can.

I went to see my Crohn's GI doctor on Election Day, and found out I've lost a little over 20 pounds.  Not too surprising, but I know if I adjust my intake, I can get some of that back.  My intestines are loving this, even though I'm definitely napping more than usual (fatigue is a common Crohn's symptom).  My doctor was as supportive as he can be, and was very sympathetic to my job/housing situation. I was just glad he didn't say "I think you need to stop immediately".

At Thanksgiving, I was seated at a table with my younger sister and cousin.  They both were making jokes about my empty plate, which was exactly what I needed...I'm not sure how many people even noticed, but I made it through without a single mashed potato.

I thought since the theme of this blog is Peace and yesterday was the anniversary of John Lennon's murder, I would share this Pearl Jam song, which references the Beatles' All You Need Is Love.  Love, the opposite of war and violence.  The solution to every problem if it spreads everywhere.

"Once you hold the hand of Love, it's all surmountable..." -Love Boat Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment