Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Day 3: Hockey

I was contemplating whether or not I should play hockey today, because most of the research I've done on hunger strikes says you should limit the amount of physical activity.

But, I figured if there was any time during this strike to play, it would be during the first week.
So, I skipped my usual pre-hockey skate, and played.

I didn't really notice any difference in my energy level until about an hour in, and at 1:00, my body told me that was my last shift.

When I got back from the rink I actually felt better than I had the first two days of this, but I crashed pretty hard and took a nice nap before work.

I'm hoping I can continue playing hockey throughout this strike, but will listen to my body and stop when I know it's time (seeing stars when I'm skating is usually my first clue).

Today: Coffee, Gatorade (mostly during hockey), Ensure, Half V8 Fusion, Water, Coffee 

No comments:

Post a Comment